Question: Several/Constant Vaginal Infections

grannycore - Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:57 pm

I have had several vaginal infections within the past few months.

I have been in a monogamous relationship for four years and have been tested for all stds including 2 blood tests for herpes, all of which have come back negative.

However, I have had a Bartholin's Gland Cyst, bacterial vaginosis, possibly cervicitis (the doctor wasn't sure if that was definitely what it was, but she said my cervix was swollen, so she just went ahead and treated me for it just to be safe), I've had several reoccurring yeast infections, foliculitis on my lower buttocks and the back of my upper thighs, and just a constant itching and burning irritation in the vulva area.

It is not usual for me to have all of these problems, but no doctor that I have gone to seems to be able to give me any real answer.
I am wondering if I should be concerned about this or if there is any suggestions? I was thinking that maybe diabetes could be a concern?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:49 pm

If your doctor hasn't screened you for diabetes, this certainly would be one possibility since infections can be harder to fight in diabetics. Other conditions can also cause your immune system to respond poorly (immunodeficiency). Perhaps you should get a second opinion. Be sure to document your history with all the details so you can share it with the doctor. Perhaps seeing an immunologist/allergist would be one option since this is recurrent.

Good luck with this frustrating condition.

|