News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Pregnant and high Blood pressure for last week

jaynjenn23 - Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:43 pm

I am 22 years old and 36weeks 4 days pregnant. tested negative for strepB do not have gestational diabetes, but they noticed my iron was low so I have been taking 1 tablet of 300mg of iron per day.

For the last week my Blood pressure has been 140 / 80-85. my doctors office has been closed for July on summer vacation and she will only return tuesday aug 4 and I have an appointment that day for 11:30

Is there anything i should not be doing/eating or anything to be concerned about with blood pressure at these levels before she returns? also is it usually standard to induce labour with my levels where they are. any info on this topic is appreciated.

Jennifer
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:06 pm

User avatar Hello,
High blood pressure is a concern in pregnancy but this is not necessarily a dangerous reading. It depends to some degree on what your normal reading is and how high this is for you.

Induction of labor is sometimes necessary in the case of pre-eclampsia but based on this information I would not say that you have that. Hopefully you will not develop it either. That diagnosis is made with all health information taken together but with this level of BP I would not expect it to be pre-eclampsia for you at this time.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here