News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: I have pus and blood in my discharge, please advise

greeneyesblue - Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:20 pm

Thank you very much for your time.
This morning while I was showering, I washed my vagina and I found what looked like pus on my hands which smelt very peculiar. When I got out of the shower, I examined my vagina with a mirror and I had passed three black clots the size of a finger nail. Since then I have had a watery, bloody discharge with a dull ache from the ride side of the uterus radiating towards my right kidney. I've not had unprotected sex since my last visit to the sexual health clinic (everything was clean) and I haven't missed a period although I did miss a pill about 6 days ago.
Will this pass on its own or should I visit my doctor?
Thanks for taking the tie to read this.
-B
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:09 pm

User avatar Hello,
In addition to sexually transmitted diseases, there are yeast and bacterial infections that anyone can get. These are easy to treat so if that's the cause of the odor and discharge, don't be alarmed. You will need to be checked to see if it is bacterial or yeast. The dark spots are likely just some old blood and nothing to be worried about. It may all resolve on its own and it's fine to wait and watch for a time to see what your body does but if it persists or gets worse, itches or burns, you should see your doctor.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here