News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Odor from condom

jptchick_07 - Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:02 pm

I had intercourse and me and my boyfriend figured it just slung off and we couldnt find it. I told him maybe it came off inside of me, but he said he felt it come out. So I didnt think anything of it. Today I was using the restroom and it came out. It has been about a week since the intercourse took place. It does have a funny odor, but no pain, or irritation whatsoever. I don't have health insurance any longer, so if I can get out of having to visit the doctor, it would be nice. Plus, I would have to tell my parents, and thats not okay. Should I worry about this odor if there are no other symptoms? Will this odor go away? I figured it was just from the condom being inside me and my body has to flush all of that stuff out, being the reason for the odor since there is no irritation. Please help me out.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:47 pm

User avatar Hello,
There could be some bacterial growth that can result in odor from the retained condom but in the absence of other symptoms and if the odor resolves within a couple of days you can probably avoid seeing a physician. However, if you develop fever, chills, discharge or other symptoms or if the odor lingers, you may need to visit a health care provider or family planning clinic, which might be less expensive.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here