Question: Odor from condom

jptchick_07 - Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:02 pm

I had intercourse and me and my boyfriend figured it just slung off and we couldnt find it. I told him maybe it came off inside of me, but he said he felt it come out. So I didnt think anything of it. Today I was using the restroom and it came out. It has been about a week since the intercourse took place. It does have a funny odor, but no pain, or irritation whatsoever. I don't have health insurance any longer, so if I can get out of having to visit the doctor, it would be nice. Plus, I would have to tell my parents, and thats not okay. Should I worry about this odor if there are no other symptoms? Will this odor go away? I figured it was just from the condom being inside me and my body has to flush all of that stuff out, being the reason for the odor since there is no irritation. Please help me out.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:47 pm

There could be some bacterial growth that can result in odor from the retained condom but in the absence of other symptoms and if the odor resolves within a couple of days you can probably avoid seeing a physician. However, if you develop fever, chills, discharge or other symptoms or if the odor lingers, you may need to visit a health care provider or family planning clinic, which might be less expensive.

|