Question: no menstration for over a year

123tigerlisab - Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:37 pm

I have 5 children, the last two born were twins born on Dec. 3rd 1999 At the same time as I gave birth to the twins, I had a tubal ligation done.(the boys were born C-section)Anyhow, I had irregular periods after I had them, which, I sort of expected to have some irregularities as that was alot for my body to have undergone. My back has also hurt off and on pretty bad since having them, and,I cannot seem to loose the weight I gained while pregnant with them and have actually put on some more weight.(mostly in my stomach area.)I feel and look puffy,and my periods have stopped altogether. We have no medical insurance, and when I went to the local dr. he basically pooh poohed the idea that I could be going through menopause, but couldn't tell me why my periods may have stoppped. I am personally worried that maybe something is wrong with my uterus or my hormones or something else perhaps.I am only 37,so, gee what can it be??? This same dr. had me do blood tests once before, and said they were inconclussive, but, now he wants to run more, and our family dosen't have the $300.00 to waste on inconclussive tests.I would just like for someone to give me an idea of what the list of things are that cause a period to stop, I would like to know if it could be something lifethreatening or if its probably nothing to worry about. Not knowing stinks!!!!! :(
 alaaelfeky - Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:13 am

hi there...read your case and was interested in the fact the your Dr. didn't give you possible explanations to your condition... First of all I think your problem is due to overweight... as fat tissue in women is known to produce substances we medical folk call "Hormones" ... and these might contribute to your irregular cycles.... to overcome this problem you need to go back to the weight where you used to have regular cycles.... all you need to do is to stand on a scale and see how much overweight you really are... and ..loose weight!!
the second explanation would be that you are passing into menopause... and though you are only 37... it is known that some women may have a premature menopause... this theory really needs more symptoms ... at least some hot flashes and cold sweats...as your brain won't let your ovaries stop working without some kind of fight first.... which gives rise to these symptoms...
Now... the important thing is to get regular cycles...and whether it is overweight or premature menopause ...the treatment is almost the same... so don't wory!!!
 courage - Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:49 am

alaaelfeky,

I am completely offended by your reply. I am under weight due to an eating disorder and it's things like what you've said that starts such disorders or at least yo-yo dieting which doesn't work!

123tigerlisab,

If the weight doesn't bother you, leave it be. If it does, it's not that easy to just "loose weight!!" as was said by alaaelfeky. It takes so much more than that. I am angered at how easy she made it sound. If you are going to lose weight please do it in a healthy way...no diets! Eat well-balanced meals and do light exercise.

Sorry if I have come across the wrong way. It's just that eating disorders are becoming more and more prevelant. I can't stand to see someone else's life lost to one.

Take care!
 alaaelfeky - Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:20 am

OOPS!!! :oops:
It seems I made a major mistake there..... :(
First of all i didn't intend to offend anybody....
The fact that this is just a "chat" forum requires that we be careful about the advise we get and give... and I built my assumption on your own information...the message I got was that you had put on some weight ... especially in the area of your stomach.... those were your OWN words

Now... non of the advise given on this site is supposed to be offending to anyone else... Nor are they by any means final.... but if you think you will slip into a feeding disorder because you read an answer by somenone you don't know about a condition he hasn't seen... then I would suggest you need immidiate expert care...

GOODLUCK
 aharleygyrl - Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:34 am

u prolly have the same thing i do, post tubal ligation syndrome. i need surgery for it. u can message me if u like.
Torrie

|