News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Weight loss after pregnancy (1 year later)

yaliiz0524 - Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:51 am

Hello,
I a little more weight than usual in my pregnancy.. So I decided to loose weight after I gave birth.. So I started eating better.. And I was able to loose 10 pound in the first month... But after I had my baby I had all that excess loose belly at the bottom.. and my stomach looks tender kind of like I was pregnant again. like 4 months.. and I cant seem to get rid of the looseness and the tender stomach.. its been a year and I don't know what else to so.. What do you reccomend..

Thank You!

Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:43 pm

User avatar Hello,
I know this is discouraging but the important thing is to continue on this healthy path. Don't give up because you don't yet see the results you desire. If I were you I would consider joining a gym or recreation center where you could consult with someone on the kinds of exercises that would help you tone your muscles in that area. Overall aerobics exercises will help as well but you may just need a little help in finding those muscles again. People inherit skin elasticity and yours may not go back as easily as someone else's. But, with work you will probably be able to make good progress.

Did you happen to have a cesarean delivery? I am wondering about the tenderness which sometimes persists for a year following major abdominal surgery. You should have this checked with your health care provider and if it's been a year, it's time for a checkup anyway. Discuss all these concerns at that time.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here