News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: breasts issues after pregnancy

kds - Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:04 am

I am 25 years old and was a 36B when I got pregnant. By the time I had my baby I was a 32C. I breast fed for about 4 weeks and then pumped a couple of times a day for about 2weeks. My baby is now 21 months old. My breasts are small, flabby, and feel like they are full of water. Sometimes when I take a hot shower yellowish liquid will seep out (not alot). I thought after I had my baby my breasts would at least firm back up! Is there anything I can do to get my breasts back, Im too young to have saggy breasts!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:06 pm

User avatar Hello,
Pregnancy does result in some breast tissue changes; however breastfeeding does not so a woman should never avoid giving her baby the best nutrition because of this concern. Sometimes you have to realize that childbearing does take some toll on your body and each woman is different this way. Your breasts will not likely be exactly as they were before you conceived and bore a child but the trade-off is well worth it!

Stretching of tissues, water retention and other changes will occur throughout your life. Do your best to exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet and take care of your health. Cosmetic changes are possible but I would recommend avoiding surgery until you have completed your childbearing and weaned your last child.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here