News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: pre cum and pregnancy chances

kimmie10469 - Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:04 pm

my boyfriend and i had sex we use the pull out method. he pulled out when he was pre cuming and wiped him sex and went back in. is he still leakin even though he already pre cumed? is more in uretha?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:45 pm

User avatar Hello,
It is possible to have sperm present in the pre-cum as well as after ejaculation. This is not a reliable method of birth control. You may not get pregnant since it would depend on the timing of ovulation and just the luck of the draw, but you should seek a better method of contraception. The healthiest babies are those which come when you are ready to be a parent in all ways. Do you need suggestions for alternative methods? Of course you can see your health care provider or family planning clinic for these services.

Best wishes.
 kimmie10469 - Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:50 pm

hi thank u for answering i have been on the pills and depo got pregnant 2006. i went back on the depo in 2008 and did not have a period for 8 months after stoppin shots.any ideas on one that will work
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:45 pm

User avatar Have you considered an IUD? It's certainly an easy option and if you get the Mirena you may get either very light or no periods - kind of a bonus. Some women have a couple of months of cramping and heavier bleeding but once the body adjusts it is usually much lighter. I would talk to your care provider about the choices based on your history.

Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here