News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Late Period, Brown Spotting, Negative Pregnancy Test

Rmarine - Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:18 am

Hello, I am a 23 year old female with two kids. One is 4 and the other is 1. My period is usually regular with maybe 2 or 3 days off. Only birth control used is condoms and we have been very careful with that. This month I did not get my period, I am now 2 weeks and 4 days late. I have taken two pregnancy tests and both are negative. I had a yeast infection about a month ago and got medication for it and now its back again. For the past week I have been spotting dark brown blood and have no symptoms of period . I feel great exept today I felt a little bit of soreness on my stomach. The spotting happens off and now and only visible when I wipe. Can someone help me please.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:25 pm

User avatar Hello,
Irregular periods, (spotting, late, early and absent) is very normal and almost all women have this at times. It usually has to do with fluctuating hormones since we do not have these released at a perfectly even and steady rate. I would recommend waiting another month to see how things go. Period irregularities are rarely associated with anything serious, especially at your age.

Of course there is the possibility of pregnancy even with a negative test so if you are worried, repeat the test after a week.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here