Question: Missed Period on Microgynon 30.

Kalathos - Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:34 am

Hi

I am very confused, I have been on the pill Microgynon 30., the 21-pills packet with the 7 day break and with my long term boyfriend for 2 years, without using any other form of contraception apart from my pills. I have missed a period/bleed which was meant to be here around the 25th August but hasn't arrived. I had my last period on the 31st July and since then I have had nothing although have been having sex regularly. Unfortunately I have been a bit careless with taking my pills, missed a couple in the middle of the packet and forget the last four pills at the end of the packet. I am over a week late now and have been experiencing extreme fatigue, cramping (as if I was on my period, although nothing there), its all very confusing; last saturday I took two pregnancy tests which came back negative but not sure whether it was too early to tell? If you could help me uncover the truth about my missing period and whether I am pregnant it would be brilliant.. thanks very much..
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:32 am

Missing pills during the month definitely increases your risk of pregnancy. Most home pregnancy tests are accurate within the first week following your missed period. You were a little early on the test so you should repeat the test because if you are pregnant it's best for you to stop taking the pill. But, keep in mind some women do experience period irregularities while on the pill - spotting, lack of menstruation, etc.

If you are not pregnant, I would recommend a different form of birth control since your compliance is poor taking a pill at the same time each day. Perhaps an IUD would work for you. With that you don't have to worry about it.

|