Question: Tilted Uterus

eggbert - Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:22 am

My wife has a tipped uterus and my penis curves away from me. What is the most compatible position for intercourse?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:35 pm

I would like to refer this to my colleagues. My initial thought is that you may be able to experiment and find what works best for both of you, but perhaps someone else on the board can help.

Jeffrey Junig MD PhD - Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:43 pm

User avatar The most compatible position... compatible for what? A 'tilted' or retroflexed uterus does not affect the location and direction of the vagina, so it really won't matter from her standpoint. As for you, if you don't use Viagra you will retain enough flexibility 'down there' that the curve won't be noticeable to either of you. Even if you are so turned on by your wife that you are inflated to maximal PSI, I would think that her vagina would accommodate any curvature without... getting bent out of shape.
 Bill, B LPN - Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:32 pm

A tilted uterus is a standard, and quite normal, variant that shouldn't be the cause of any concern. The tilting of the uterus does not cause pain on intercourse or during menstruation. It does not require surgery and should not affect your ability to have vaginal intercourse.
 Dr. Rashmi Ojha - Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:52 pm

Usually tilted uterus is seen in women after childbirth. It is found to be painful to women and may present as a cramps or pain during sex, otherwise there should not be any problem for her partner. It could be because she is having spasms due to the painful sensation giving you the curving feeling or you could be having a psychological effect thinking there must be somthing blocking it. The only way you can figure out if she does have any anatomical problem is by having her see her gynecologist. If there is a correctable condition it could be treated and if not, it may give you relief and treat your fear of curving.

Another thing is you havenot given any of your history like how long have you been having this trouble, whether it started after her delivery or any other events that you think might have contributed to the problem, if you could give more information then some of us may be able to help you out.
 Dr. Dave - Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:56 pm

If you mean compatible to be comfort, then trial and error will tell you and your wife what works, as a tilted uterus can sometimes cause pain during intercourse. As far as attempting pregnancy, a tilted, or retroverted uterus will not alter the chance of getting pregnant.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:30 pm

User avatar Hi Eggbert,

I'm a little late getting here, and you've received two very good answers to the question. The tilted uterus shouldn't cause any problems relative to intercourse, and neither should the curvature of your penis. However, you may already have had some negative experience due to this, and I'm not sure what you mean when you say it "curves away" from you. Generally this doesn't cause problems, but if it does you may want to elaborate more here. Otherwise, as the others have pointed out, this should be a non-problem. I'm also thinking some guys sometimes, upon learning their wife/lover has been told she has a tilted uterus, anticipate difficulties. Best to try and put that out of your head, as it really shouldn't have any bearing on the experience. Good luck to you and please follow up with us here as necessary.
 lianamartinez - Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:06 am

User avatar Aloha
Being the owner of such a uterus, I can tell you personally that sometimes it hurt and sometimes it didn't. My husband (who is not in the medical field) would be more concerned than I was - mainly because pain during the act is a major turn-off! However, with trial and error, we found what worked and what didn't. I can tell you that relaxation on the females part plays a major role. Conception was not a problem.
I think that by knowing 1) it's a normal variant and 2) with different techniques and relaxation pain can be avoided, the two of you will be able to enjoy each other.
 KKBCabales, RN - Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:03 am

well i think JOHN, I am more late giving an advice here.
i am very very sorry for the late response.
anyway, it is better late than never.
you have been greatly given good advices but since you are specifying the better position during sex.
Majority says that the dogstyle position is a better position if women has tilted uterus' since it is painful for them.
others says, you can place the woman on top while you are having sex so that the woman will be able to manipulate a better comfortable position during actual sex.
you may also try hands and knees position.
this are only suggestions, and it is still best to consult a sex therapist and a gynecology for your wife so that you may be able to gather best infos.
GOOD LUCK!
MERRY XMAS!

|