Question: 7 weeks pregnant with 3rd child My belly is Quite Large!

carebear123 - Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:17 pm

I am 7 weeks pregnany and I look like I am 4 or 5 months is this normal for a 3rd pregnacy or should I be concerned I also know that we have twins on both sides of my family would this be a possibility?

thank you for your time
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:49 pm

The third child is very likely to "show" much sooner and you look much larger than with your previous pregnancies, just because the muscles are not as firm. I assume you have been to your doctor by now and a heart beat has been detected. Usually the practitioner can detect a second if it is present. Not always, of course, but you would also be measured and monitored so if things were looking suspicious that way you would probably be scheduled for an earlier ultrasound to verify one baby vs multiples. That's really the only way to verify for sure. At the least you should find out at your mid-pregnancy routine ultrasound exam, so try to be patient.

Good luck with the pregnancy.

|