Question: don't know what's going on

rhonda621 - Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:02 pm

Okay, here's the situation my periods are ALWAYS on time and ALWAYS 5 days long. Now in January my period came at the normal time, but only lasted two days...no big deal. My husband and I had intercourse on the very next day, being January 12th, then again on the 14th, 15th, 17th, 19th, 20th, 21st and 23rd. On the morning of the 26th, I woke up feeling extremely nauseated and I spent just about all of the a.m. hours in the bathroom, but was feeling better by about 1 in the afternoon. I also noticed that whenever I used the bathroom on that day, there was some light pink spotting, and it was there a little bit on the next day. But then it was gone. For the next few days I felt a little sick to my stomach, but was otherwise okay and I still feel a little nauseated from time to time...just a stomach bug I thought. When I started my "period" on the 15th, it wasn't normal, no cramps or anything, just my breasts a little swollen and tender, and it wasn't "bloody" like a normal period, it was kind of pink when I would wipe and a little brownish on the pantyliner and VERY, VERY light...not even enough to cover a pantyliner. And so far, it's been gone since late this afternoon. I guess what I'm wondering is if this could be implantation bleeding? Or am I just wishful thinking???
 Shelly S, RN - Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:52 pm

Hi there,

Well I understand your concerns since your period is always a certain way and now it is much different. First off, implantation bleeding 'normally' occurs about 5-7 days past your ovulation date. Have you neen basal charting to where you would KNOW your ovulation dates? Are you trying to conceive? Implantation bleeding can vary in appearance but is normally light. And also note that not ALL women experience implantaion bleeding. It looks as if your cycle was about 37 days, is that right? Give me some more info and it will help me to help you more.

Cycle length this time
Cycle length normally
Charting?
Trying to conceive?
Tested yet?

Of course you know the only way to know for a fact is a pregnancy test. And there is a good possibility you could get a result at this time.
 rhonda621 - Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:39 pm

Hi. Well, I'm not trying to conceive but, I'm also not trying not to get pregnant. I haven't done any charting, but since I do typically have a very normal period, I was curious. I also know from my 3 previous pregnancies that every single pregnancy is different. My length this time was between 30 and 35 days, I don't have my calendar right now so I can't tell you exactly. My cycle length is normally 35 days. I haven't tested yet cause I don't want to be disappointed. Also, I have not had enough fluid to use anything; however, I was using a pantyliner just in case the flow picked up, but it never did. And it only lasted about 4 days. And the funny thing is that my mother just asked me a couple of hours ago if I was pregnant!!!!! Thanks for any info that you may have!!!! Also, I'm going to get test tonight and do it first thing in the morning before anyone gets up!!!!
 Shelly S, RN - Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:29 am

Rhonda,

Well I hope you get whatever answer you want. :) It is really hard to say. The bleeding/discharge you got for 4 days probably is not implantation bleeding. The only reason I think that is because it seems a bit too late for that to take place. But if it was not like a period at all, you may have missed a period indeed. I would think it could be implantation bleeding if you were telling me it occured like 2-3 weeks after the first day of your last period, but in this case seems like you got this "flow" about 4-5 weeks after the first day of the last period. Confusing.....I know. :? I know that the disappointment is hard to endure but a test is the only way to really start to piece this puzzle together. Please let me know, I am curious to see myself.

Good Luck.

|