News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Frequent BV Infections

NervousNel - Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:17 pm

Hi I am 23 years old and have had one sexual partner only and only for the past year. I had a history of frequent yeast infections which cleared up for four months and then I began to get frequent BV infections. I have been tested for diabetes, STDs, and HIV and have been negative. I do not douche, I wash twice a day, and wear cotton underwear. I have tried both gel and pill medications which abate the symptoms but they reappear after my period. Are there are remedies I can try or any underlying reasons for this?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:55 am

User avatar Hello,BV is caused by imbalance in the bacterial flora in the vagina.The exact reason for such loss of balance is not well undestood.Recurrent antibiotic therapy is the mainstay in treatment.Improvement in general health is a must to develop resistance.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here