Question: Pregnant after a recent miscarriage?

Nicksladybug - Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:05 pm

My husband and i found out i was pregnant on July 15 and on July 18 i had a miscarriage. The bleeding stopped a couple days later and we started trying again. Its now 2 months later and i think i may be pregnant but not sure. Its still a week until my expected period. I have very tender full breasts, increased appetite, i just have that "pregnant feeling" but the frequent urinating hasnt come yet. Am i pregnant? What should i do?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:35 am

Of course it is possible for you to be pregnant, even the month after a miscarriage. Each pregnancy is different and your symptoms may vary greatly. One does not have to have ALL the possible symptoms to be pregnant, but the only way to know if what you are experiencing is due to pregnancy is to take a home or clinic pregnancy test. If the test is negative and you still have not had a period, repeat the test after a week.

leslie12 - Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:23 am

I had a missed miscarriage in 15th week of my pregnancy. It was due to CD separation & persistant bleeding. It was on 18th Sep that my d&c was done. I bled for around 2 weeks which was mild not that heavy. Now its 5th week after d&c and no periods till yet. Can I be pregnant? not much of symptoms as yet..
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:38 pm

It can take a while for periods to get back into a normal pattern following childbirth, miscarriage, D&C, etc. I would not immediately suspect pregnancy even though it is possible, just because a delay is so common. If you have symptoms or continue without a period you can always do a home pregnancy test. Meanwhile, take your vitamins every day!

|