News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Pregnant after a recent miscarriage?

Nicksladybug - Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:05 pm

My husband and i found out i was pregnant on July 15 and on July 18 i had a miscarriage. The bleeding stopped a couple days later and we started trying again. Its now 2 months later and i think i may be pregnant but not sure. Its still a week until my expected period. I have very tender full breasts, increased appetite, i just have that "pregnant feeling" but the frequent urinating hasnt come yet. Am i pregnant? What should i do?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:35 am

User avatar Hello,
Of course it is possible for you to be pregnant, even the month after a miscarriage. Each pregnancy is different and your symptoms may vary greatly. One does not have to have ALL the possible symptoms to be pregnant, but the only way to know if what you are experiencing is due to pregnancy is to take a home or clinic pregnancy test. If the test is negative and you still have not had a period, repeat the test after a week.

Best wishes.
 leslie12 - Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:23 am

I had a missed miscarriage in 15th week of my pregnancy. It was due to CD separation & persistant bleeding. It was on 18th Sep that my d&c was done. I bled for around 2 weeks which was mild not that heavy. Now its 5th week after d&c and no periods till yet. Can I be pregnant? not much of symptoms as yet..
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:38 pm

User avatar Hello,
It can take a while for periods to get back into a normal pattern following childbirth, miscarriage, D&C, etc. I would not immediately suspect pregnancy even though it is possible, just because a delay is so common. If you have symptoms or continue without a period you can always do a home pregnancy test. Meanwhile, take your vitamins every day!

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here