News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: 10 week Post op hysterectomy severe rht lower abdomen pain

lol26 - Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:12 pm

Hi, i am 10 week post op hysterectomy. I kept my ovaries. For the last two weeks i have severe right side lower abdomen pain. when pressing in it feels like there is a lump underneath the skin. I am severely swollen. I also have had bad breast pain. I have been feeling very naushes. I don't feel one bit well. Please advise me on what you think could be causing this. I am at my wits end. Thanks in advance.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:56 pm

User avatar Hello,
This may or may not be related to your hysterectomy since there are so many organs in the abdomen - GI, urinary, ovaries, appendix, gall bladder, etc. in addition to surgical complications such as infection, abscess, adhesions. You must see your doctor for an exam and evaluation of the pain to find the right diagnosis.

Best wishes.
 lol26 - Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:46 pm

Just a quick note to say i am just recovering from surgery in hospital at the moment, i collopased on sat morning last and was rushed to hospital where on sun morning i had surgery to remove a 8cm cyst on my right ovary, they also took both ovaries on this occasion, i hope that this should be the end of the road with this long term issue i have had, since i am only 26 i can get on with living my life, who knows now i might even be able to lead a normal life. Thanks a million for replying to my question and i hope you have everythin good that life brings happen to you.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:43 pm

User avatar Thank you for the update. I'm glad you found the solution to your problem but sorry you had to go through this. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here