Question: Vaginal Shape

Krispie210 - Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:41 pm

I am am newly married and new to sex. I feel as if my vagina has gotten bigger as we have sex more. I know that's normal... but now i can feel further into my vagina and am unsure if everything is ok. The walls feel normal.. like the inside of my mouth I guess... but if i insert my middle finger I can feel far enough in now that i feel this protruding section. I didn't think it was my cervix because it does not hurt to touch it. i can fell all around it... as if it juts down from my inner vagina or uterus. I don't know much about how the shape of the vagina is supposed to be, but if this is abnormal I'd like to know so i can make an appt. with my OBGYN. This is may be a strange question but I'd rather ask a silly question than not know. What shape should I feel in there?
 Debra Van Ness RN - Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:49 pm

It sounds to me as if you are feeling the uterus. (cervix)...the part you are probably touching does not have to hurt when you touch. For that matter, it does not hurt to touch the uterus itself. Pap smears don't feel good because we have an instrument in us and then a small piece of tissue is removed which can be slightly painful.
If in doubt, contact your gyn. But what you are describing sounds normal.
Debra Van Ness RN

|