Question: long lasting period whilst taking mycrogynon 30

k0614938 - Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:42 pm

I am 21 yrs and have been taking microgynon 30 for about 3 years now, i must admit i am quite forgetful and don't take my pill at the same time everyday and often miss days. I have never experienced any problems like this before but on thursday 10th september 2009 i began a period, it was unexpected as i was in the middle of my pack but had forgot to take a pill for 3 days, on the thursday i took a pill and later that day i started to bleed. For the first couple days it was just like a normal period (which usually lasts 3-5 days) it then got a lot lighter as if i was about to finish but i am now still bleeding, yesterday it got a bit heavier but today it is light again. I want to stop taking the pill but i don't know what to do, should i just not take it and see what happen?. I am worried about the bleeding could it be something other than interfernce with my pills?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:15 pm

I suspect it is the pill inconsistency that is causing this problem. You can just stop taking the pill and let your body adjust if you wish. Chances are in a few months you will achieve some regularity. However, if you don't want to become pregnant you should find an alternate method of contraception.

|