News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Heavy periods and heavy pressure in bottom of lower stomach

blackbeautygirl - Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:16 am

Hello, I have had this problem for the last couples of months with my period. I have very heavy bleeding and little chunks of like meat tissues with it. I have pressure in the bottom of my stomach as if I'm in the early stages of labor. I'm not pregnant for sure because my tubes were tied in 1990. Also after my period I have a brownish discharged with a foul odor for about 3 days some times longer. I constantly have the pressure feeling in the bottom of my stomach this month and now I'm scared to death this might be ovarian cancer. How do I find a doctor that will do all the necessary tests?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:45 pm

User avatar Hello,
I would just schedule a regular pelvic exam with a family practice or OB/GYN provider. There could be some type of infection but I really doubt it is serious. One of the problems with related cancers is that they are most often without symptoms so we must have routine exams to find them. Pain, odor, and discharge as you describe is much more likely to be due to some type of treatable infection. Try not to worry but do take normal care of yourself by having the exam.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here