News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: implantation bleeding or periods? help :(

nick313 - Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:41 am

on wednesday (sep 16th), me and my gf(we're both virgins) got together and indulged in stuff we really regret now. I fingered her and im not very sure if i had Pre Cum on my finger or not... although pregnancy this way is very unlikely, WE'RE WORRIED! On sep 20th, she started to get the brown discharge she normally gets before a period....(By the way her periods are Regular) that continued for a day and then she started bleeding like usual. It was dark red for about Half a day and then started to get really light... her period usually lasts 3 days but now its hardly even 2 days since shes had it and it seems to be coming to an end! normally it stays dark RED for all 3 days but this time its really light and pinkish-brown. Could it be Implantation bleeding?? we're so worried! :( And right now is too early for a HPT
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:30 pm

User avatar Hello,
The risk of pregnancy in the scenario you describe is pretty much impossible. Period fluctuation (amount, etc.) is quite normal and for pregnancy to occur you really must have penile penetration to some degree (or artificial insemination). I would not worry, but it would be wise to consider a contraceptive method you can both be comfortable with to avoid such scares in the future. Worry alone can alter a woman's periods.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here