Question: implantation bleeding or periods? help :(

nick313 - Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:41 am

on wednesday (sep 16th), me and my gf(we're both virgins) got together and indulged in stuff we really regret now. I fingered her and im not very sure if i had Pre Cum on my finger or not... although pregnancy this way is very unlikely, WE'RE WORRIED! On sep 20th, she started to get the brown discharge she normally gets before a period....(By the way her periods are Regular) that continued for a day and then she started bleeding like usual. It was dark red for about Half a day and then started to get really light... her period usually lasts 3 days but now its hardly even 2 days since shes had it and it seems to be coming to an end! normally it stays dark RED for all 3 days but this time its really light and pinkish-brown. Could it be Implantation bleeding?? we're so worried! :( And right now is too early for a HPT
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:30 pm

The risk of pregnancy in the scenario you describe is pretty much impossible. Period fluctuation (amount, etc.) is quite normal and for pregnancy to occur you really must have penile penetration to some degree (or artificial insemination). I would not worry, but it would be wise to consider a contraceptive method you can both be comfortable with to avoid such scares in the future. Worry alone can alter a woman's periods.

|