News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Missing period for about 7 days but negative pregnancy test

ambimithra - Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:43 am

Dear Doctor,
I have no problem of missing period for the past months but this month my periods is missing. My ovulation usually occurs by 1-3 of every month , I had an un protected intercourse on 5th. I really doubted whether I'm pregnant or not. I tested my urine sample several times but it shows different results. Sometimes it shows a blurred line in test area , sometimes no line. I consulted a gyneclogist yesterday whether she done the same urine test which gave a negative result. I'm really confused. Can u please explain to me what is my problem. Also from 7th I'm having fever. I didn't take any antibiotics till now. Only low effective medicines I've used. Eager to see your reply.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:27 pm

User avatar Hello,
A missed period can happen in a woman without any cause - just the way the hormones and ovulation works that month. It does not only occur with pregnancy and if your test was negative with the doctor's office, it is likely correct. If you want to repeat the test in one week to be certain, go ahead, if you haven't started your period by then, but with several negative tests, I would not suspect pregnancy. A blurry response could have been a poor test but if a later test was negative, that would be the more accurate response. I suspect things will return to normal without intervention.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here