News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: DIALATED 3 CENTIMETERS

misstenn - Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:34 pm

I AM 37 WEEKS PREGNANT AND I SEEN THE DOCTOR YESTERDAY AND I WAS DIALATED 3 CENTIMETERS AND HE SENT ME HOME HOW LONG BEFROE I GO INTO LABOR I AM VERY EXCITED AND AM RIERD OF WAITING.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:45 pm

User avatar Hello,
I know you are tired of being pregnant but every day closer to 39-40 weeks is that much better for your baby's health.

The good news is that your body is already doing some of the work since you are dilating. It's great when you can "labor" while living your normal life and half the work may be done before you even have to go to the hospital. But, it is impossible to say how long it will be before your body goes into active labor. Some women are dilated a few centimeters for a couple of weeks; others a day or two.

Just be alert to signs of active labor. If your water should break or leak, if you have regular tightening of the uterus that you can track for a while or if you get a feeling of uneasiness, strong lower back pain or other differences in how you feel. Since you know you have begun to dilate, I would recommend no delay in going to the hospital once you're pretty sure something is happening.

I must put in a plug for breastfeeding too. It is absolutely essential for babies to get this wonderful immune-boosting nutrition that is perfect for your baby. Preferably you will breastfeed for a full year, but at least 6 months exclusively if possible for the best benefit to both you and your baby. If you haven't considered doing this, keep open-minded about it and give it a 30 day try. You will probably find it very satisfying, a wonderful bonding time, and inexpensive - besides being the best food for human babies!

Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here