Question: DIALATED 3 CENTIMETERS

misstenn - Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:34 pm

I AM 37 WEEKS PREGNANT AND I SEEN THE DOCTOR YESTERDAY AND I WAS DIALATED 3 CENTIMETERS AND HE SENT ME HOME HOW LONG BEFROE I GO INTO LABOR I AM VERY EXCITED AND AM RIERD OF WAITING.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:45 pm

I know you are tired of being pregnant but every day closer to 39-40 weeks is that much better for your baby's health.

The good news is that your body is already doing some of the work since you are dilating. It's great when you can "labor" while living your normal life and half the work may be done before you even have to go to the hospital. But, it is impossible to say how long it will be before your body goes into active labor. Some women are dilated a few centimeters for a couple of weeks; others a day or two.

Just be alert to signs of active labor. If your water should break or leak, if you have regular tightening of the uterus that you can track for a while or if you get a feeling of uneasiness, strong lower back pain or other differences in how you feel. Since you know you have begun to dilate, I would recommend no delay in going to the hospital once you're pretty sure something is happening.

I must put in a plug for breastfeeding too. It is absolutely essential for babies to get this wonderful immune-boosting nutrition that is perfect for your baby. Preferably you will breastfeed for a full year, but at least 6 months exclusively if possible for the best benefit to both you and your baby. If you haven't considered doing this, keep open-minded about it and give it a 30 day try. You will probably find it very satisfying, a wonderful bonding time, and inexpensive - besides being the best food for human babies!

|