News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Are all worts caused by HPV?

missroxyoneill - Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:12 am

I had a group of warts frozen off my arm when I was about 7/8 years old. I am just wondering if these warts were caused by HPV or whether genital warts are the only warts caused by HPV? Also if the worts I had as a child were caused by HPV, will I be more likely to catch genital worts?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Many thanks
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:24 am

User avatar Hello,While warts are indeed caused by papilloma virus, the types that cause different conditions vary.Common warts are caused by type 2 and 7,high risk ones 16 and 18 implicated in cervical cancers, 6 and 11 most of genital warts.They do not interchange or predispose to the other.So you need not worry about being at higher risk of contracting the other types.Hope this helps and answers your question.OK?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here