News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: black smelly blood

mellons06 - Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:04 pm

i am 52 and have been on the change ,for the past 2 years,i have had 3 periods in the last 2 years,for the past 5 days i have been loosing black realy smelly blood,i have been diagnosed with,a few fibroids in my womb,last year,i have terrable pain,while i am loosing this black blood,i am bloated so much i look 9 months pregnant,i have terrable night sweats,i don't sleep much,i have no energy.i cant have hrt,as theres to much cancer in the family,im at my wits end,
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:22 am

User avatar Hello,
You should definitely see a doctor but I am not suspecting cancer. With the changes that are happening you need to be sure you don't have infection or another condition requiring attention. Sometimes the endometrium (lining of the uterus) gets too thick. Bleeding becomes irregular due to hormones. Black usually just means the blood is old, clotting means it has pooled. But, a foul odor can suggest infection. It is not a typical sign of cancer though, so try not to worry too much about it.

It's just a good idea to have a gynecological exam and mammogram every year for early recognition of any abnormality. You may do fine without hormones, letting nature take its course, but it will give you peace of mind to be sure all is well.

Best wishes.
 mellons06 - Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:30 pm

thankyou so much debbie,i will GO SEE MY DOCTOR

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here