Question: Thyroid ,Polysystic ovaries - Pregnancy

mounam - Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:59 am

I am married on Jan 2008.First year of marriage we planned like we don't want kids.But i didnt took any medicines for that.
after that when we were trying to get preganant it was not happening.So we consulted a gynecologist and found out that i am having problems of thyroid and polysystic ovaries.
I am taking medicine for thyroid and not for polycystic ovaries.
when i checked the TSH value for thyroid during the month of July it was .85uI/mL.
Am still continuing the medicine.

Please help me with an answer
 trace76 - Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:53 pm

hi i have the same problem only i had a totalthyroid ectomy my level is 2.78 so its perfect i read so much into it im on thyroxin and could never get the level right till i investigted all about it i read a site a woman at 75kg should take 100mcg and under anyway i starting taking 100 mcg a day i didnt tell the dr as he had me on a higher dose so im now taking 100mcg 1 day 2nd day 100mcg third day 150mcg and anyway after the 6 months i went to check and my levels were stable 1st time in 4 yrs im at 79 kgs but works for me anyway i was told by ultrasound i had polistic overies but i had surgery on my uteras and overies only 3 months b4 and they were perfect so becareful it can take up to 18 months for a normal couple to conceive anyway i have 5 children and am currently trying for number 6 for 7 months now drs are worried i wasnt till they started putting crap in my head so be patient pray and get ur thyroid in order and if u do have polysystic overies my sis had them she went on yasmin pill for two yrs and they went away always worth the try or go get holes put in your overies heard that works wondering good luck hun and may god bless you with a child as it wouldnt matter if u had ur tubes tied if god wants a baby to be it will be
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:38 pm

It is true you need to be patient. Continue to take your thyroid medication and have your levels checked as recommended by your doctor. Sometimes this alone will result in conception but in some cases the PCOS is treated and ovlulation stimulators can be prescribed to assist with achieving pregnancy. Trying on your own for a while is a good idea unless you are reaching an age where you are worried you will not become pregnant if you wait.

trace76 - Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:25 am

hijust want to know your opinion on hsg test i had reversal 20th april 09 surgeon said to wait as he did this during tlr and that they were clear then what should i do?
please i need to know

|