News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Dry Labia Majora

Lilypie12 - Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:24 pm

I'm 7 months pregnant and just recently the area of my labia majora became swollen and very itchy...then became dry, chapped, and itchy. I'm a very clean person and only sexually active with my husband. I haven't changed any of the body wahes that I've used so I have no idea what it is. I called my Ob, but couldn't get scheduled for another week and a half and I need relief now!! I've tried sleeping w/o panties and wearing cotton panties, but nothing has worked. What do I do?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:09 pm

User avatar Hello,
I suspect this is simply dry skin due to hormonal changes in pregnancy, but you should discuss it with your OB at your next appointment. If it is simple dry skin it might respond to Eucerin or Cetaphyl cream -- better than the lotion version.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here