Question: Started Ortho Evra before period and now it's missing

sherber80 - Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:30 am

I am a 29 year old female. I have given birth to two children. I recently decided to get back on the Ortho Evra patch after being on no form of birth control for the past 2 years. I have used the patch before so that is why I chose it again. I made the mistake of putting my patch on the Sunday before my period was due instead of after. I have very regular periods like clockwork and never skip months. My period was due Oct 21st. I put the patch on Sunday, Oct 18th. My period is still not here. I didn't have intercourse during my fertile days or last week. I'm wondering if I made my period irregular by putting the patch on early. I don't feel pregnant and have no symptoms but haven't taken a test yet either. Please explain what could be going on.

Thank you.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:05 am

I suspect it is because you started the patch. It delivers hormones similar to birth control pills so your period is likely to occur just when you are off the patch. This is the reason you take a week off after three weeks on the patch.

|