Question: Genital outbreak.

mommy2be419 - Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:05 pm

I have little bump at the top of my vagina. They're like pimples, but they don't go away after awhile. They do not itch, and they do not spread. When busted they bleed badly and have pimple like hard centers. I told my OB/GYN about this and she told me it was probably nothing but where I had shaved and had a yeast infection and it got into the pores...but she has not checked. It's no where near the vaginal opening. Is there an STD or STI that would cause this?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:05 pm

If you are worried about sexually transmitted infection it is important to be screened and really the only way to be sure. Herpes can act a little like this but usually pain is associated. I suspect the fact that they are not causing you discomfort is the reason the doctor suspects something benign that will resolve on its own. If not, you could schedule a pelvic exam to check it out.

|