Question: i had a tubal ligation reversal don may o9

trace76 - Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:43 pm

hi my name is tracey i had my tubes tied 11th may 2004 and reversed may 09 we found a proffesor here in australia who does an amzing job of reversals anyway ive had 2 positive urine preg tests in past since reversal than bleeding soon after im now 10 dpo on day 7 i had cramps that lasted 2 days ive been having hot flushes an d lots or creamy white discharge im not itchy also very tierd i also had a total thyroidectomy 4 yrs ago but my level is 2.76 so its perfect my hormones are perfect i also ahd an ultrasound and the only scar that could be seen was from my caesarian they said my tubes look like ive never had a reversal done had hsg when my reversal was done my tubes are open and dye went through smooth im 33 in nov 09 my weight is good ive had children in the past but im wondering what i should do now im using serliva and urine ovulation tests also body temprature and cervical mucus to test for ovulation but still havent conceived and kept a pregnancy was told that the last 2 were chemical pregnancys due to testing b4 menstration was due when we did blood it was negative so really im woriied that my body has an issue that needs repairing i need advice should i have another hsg test its been 7 month the dr who did my reversal told me to wait and keep trying but im not getting any younger he said the hsg could do more harm than good as sometimes they push debrey into the fellopian tubes please tell me what i shuld do i want to conceive a child asap
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:02 pm

I think your doctor's advice to keep trying is the best. At 33 you still have good years left for conception. It is normal for a fertile woman in your age range to take a year to become pregnant. Sometimes knowing about these very early pregnancies (called chemical) just causes stress since you would not have even been aware of the pregnancy in the days before home testing and other sophisticated means for early determination of pregnancy.

Try to relax since stress hormones may also interfere. Many people become pregnant when they aren't trying, probably because they were able to relax and let nature take its course. I don't think you have anything wrong; it's just luck of the draw here. The techniques you are using are the best there is for prediction. I would not rush into any additional intervention at this point.

|