News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Previous salpingectomy + cysts. Still in pain. Why?

Lucie2412 - Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:43 am

Hi
I am 21,I had a salpingectomy in Nov of 2006, I then went on to the provera injection for 12 months, came off it last October, since then I have had no end of problems. I was admitted to hopsital in June 2009 with abdominal pain, I had an ovarian cyst removed and the fluid drained.

Since then I have still had on and off abdominal/pelvic pain. Sometimes it is sharp and sudden, other times it is a dull ache. It seems to be more on my right side than my left (The cyst was on the right side, the salpingectomy on the left) however does spread to the other side and also into my pelvic area. I was admitted again to hospital: No cysts/fluid or ectopic was found.

I am still in pain alot of the time, my periods are all over the place, I can sometimes bleed for 3 weeks and then not again for a month or so. My periods are always excruciatingly painful, I feel nauseous and faint alot of the time. I have an appointment with a gyne consultant in December, however am still worried in terms of future pregnancies etc. What on earth could be causing this pain??

Thanks in advance
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:00 pm

User avatar Hello,
I wonder if you might have endometriosis. This would require a work up by your physician to determine but the pain can be quite intense and your periods may be affected. I'm glad you have an appointment so you can find out soon. There are effective treatments but it is a very frustrating condition. Aside from that it's anyone's guess at this point since there are so many different organs in the abdominal cavity. Sometimes it takes a process of elimination one by one to find the offender.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here