Question: Early signs of pregnancy?

Cicely - Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:17 pm

I have been experiencing lower back pain for almost 2 weeks. Most recently I have been experiencing abdominal cramps, twice now to the point that I was sure my period had started. I am supposed to start in 5 days, I took a test and it came back Negative...I have never experienced anything like this before. Do you think I could be pregnant?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:02 pm

Most women do not experience pain as an early sign of pregnancy. Period cramps can be quite incapacitating at times and there is always the chance you have some kind of nerve or muscle problem. If the pain continues you should be evaluated by your physician.

Fosse817 - Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:38 pm

My boyfriend and I partook in foreplay the day before Thanksgiving (11/26). We didn't physically have sex but he rubbed his penis on my vagina. I had my period 11/13-11/17. I should have started my period 12/13 and have not yet. I typically start a day or two late, and in high school I used to miss months despite not being sexually active. My concern is that his pre-cum could have gotten me pregnant, I think I am just scared and over thinking this but I would like a medical personnel's opinion. Thank you for your time.

SJ
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:46 pm

Unless he put his penis inside your vagina, precum would not make its way to result in fertilization of an egg. It would just be too difficult to travel from outside the body, through the vagina, cervix, etc. Chances are this is normal irregularity of your cycle. Try not to stress too much since this can also delay your period and it becomes cyclic worry - stress over no period further delays period, which causes more stress.

I think it would be wise for you to consider what method of birth control might be best for you in case you have another close encounter. Emotions can rule at times and common sense may not protect you in the heat of the moment.

|