News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: itching, burning and pain when attempting sex.

mrs.cardwell - Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:30 pm

im 19 and my husband and i have been together 2 years and recently i have been having a horrible itch and burning and when i rub my vaginia to stop the itching i get small pieces of vaginal tissue. when me and my husband recently attempted to have sex and he was unable to even put it in without hurting, i went to the bathroom after and i was bleeding very bad, not period but vaginal tissue. i think i may have ripped something but im not sure and don't know what to do. i cant see my doctor for a week.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:22 am

User avatar Hello,
I would be suspicious of an infection. I would recommend avoiding sex until you see your doctor because the friction may just continue to irritate and cause pain. It could be yeast but it's best to get the correct diagnosis. If it is trauma from rough or dry sex, rest will allow it to heal. Once you attempt sex again, be sure to use extra lubrication to decrease friction. Don't worry too much - I would not anticipate anything serious.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here