News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: HUGE amounts of ovulation discharge

Maz123 - Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:02 am

I always notice a clear stretchy discharge at the time of ovulation but this month there's so much I can feel it falling out, and when I go to the toilet am having to pull it out.

I was taking Cerazette (progesterone only pill) for a year, which I stopped taking a year ago. The first month after stopping taking it I had the same huge amounts of clear, stretchy discharge, which I assumed was to do with a change of hormone levels, or perhaps the mucus plug that's supposed to form with POPs coming out? However at the moment I'm not on any hormone pills so I'm wondering what's going on? Is there something wrong with my hormone levels? I have been feeling really weak, tired and axious recently.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:49 pm

User avatar Hello,
Clear and white discharge without foul odor, pain, itching or other symptoms is considered normal and the amount varies with hormones and with the individual. I would not be alarmed by this even though it may be an inconvenience. If it continues to seem excessive or you develop rash or discomfort, you should talk to your doctor. About a teaspoon a day is considered normal.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here