News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Symptoms of Depo provera use after 2years

rgh89 - Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:15 am

I have been on the depo shot for more than 2 years. I have some spotting when its time for my next shot but i don't get my period which i know is normal. But i am having some cramping which also is giving me pelvic pain. I recently had sex but it was the first time i had sex after a couple of months. Could this pelvic pain be due to the depo shot wearing off or could it be from having sex recently? the pelvic pain feels like if i got hit with something in the pelvic region and it hurts but it is not a constant pain. i am kind of worried about stds even though i use protection.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:18 am

User avatar Hello,
Pelvic pain is a reported side effect of depo and it is difficult to know if that is the reason for yours. The reported pain is not associated with decreasing levels and could occur at any time. If it is due to the sex, chances are it will resolve on its own soon. If it continues, you should have it evaluated by your health care provider. Being checked for STDs is a good idea whenever you are sexually active but other conditions can also cause pain since you have so many organs in the abdomen - bowel, bladder, ovaries, uterus, etc. It would be impossible to guess without an exam.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here