Question: Vaginal Disruption

jaytrevenna - Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:47 pm

I have a one year old son who was born through C-Section and every since then. I've had sharp pains at the surface and below from the site of the procedure. I've had secretions from my vaginal opening that were greenish in color and very slimy, like an eel, which also has a very distinct smell as well. Could this be an infection? Is there something wrong? I also had an epidural and have frequent pain is my back and sometimes my left side goes numb for seconds or even minutes at a time. Do I need clinical help immediately? It's only getting worse and I thought it was just side effects. Thank you and have a good day!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:50 pm

You could have some type of infection and whenever there is a foul odor with discharge it should be checked out. It is not likely an emergency situation but infection does need treatment so you should not wait too long to find out for sure.

I would not expect lingering epidural effects after a year, particularly if they are getting worse, but you should definitely talk to your doctor about that too. You may benefit from some physical therapy for the numbness and pain, perhaps there is a pinched nerve. You might even benefit from a chiropractor adjustment. Pregnancy can take a toll as your center of gravity shifts and your abdominal muscles are stretched and cannot support your back properly. If you are not on an exercise program to strengthen your abs, it might be worth starting one, but do this after you see your doctor to be sure nothing is amiss that could be aggravated by stretches.

|