News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: after new sexual partner brownish blood and early periods

wer-12345 - Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:46 pm

my new sexual partner has quite a large penis. after having had (protected) sex with him a couple of times i have bled either straight away and had a period or my period has come on 10 days earlier than normal each time. this time i have a brownish blood and it is yet again 10 days early. before with previous patners i have been regular 28 days... o now it seems i am getting some sort of period every 2 weeks. it also doesnt seem painful and i usd to get painful periods with barely any blood. now there is lots of blood but not so painful.
is this normal?
It is not painful during sex just i think because it penetrated deep that this may have some effect.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:52 pm

User avatar Hello,
Unless you are experiencing some trauma with intercourse due to friction, rough sex, lack of lubrication, etc. I would not expect any changes of this nature that would be caused by a different sexual partner. You might try taking it easy for a few days to see if things settle down. When you do have intercourse, be sure you have plenty of lubrication and don't go too fast with the heavy thrusting.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here