"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Question: 10 cm fibroid and lump in back

had123 - Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:09 pm

I have a large fibroid which I believe is on the back of my uterus. I am waiting results of a MRI. I noticed I have a tender egg sized lump in my lower right back. I am wondering if it is possible the lump I am feeling is the fibroid and if it is common to be able to palpate fibroids in the back? Thank you.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:58 pm

I would not expect you to be able to palpate the uterine fibroid this way. You should have it checked out, however to find out what is causing this lump.