Question: bleeding after sex and fingering

volleyball13 - Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:08 pm

I just had sex for the first time about a week ago. I bled quite a bit and figured it was probably my hymen breaking. However, the next day as my boyfriend was fingering me I started to bleed again. He has fingered me before we had sex and this has never happened. 3 days later I masturbated and a large amount of blood came out again. It didn't hurt, but is this something to be concerned about? I'm really worried...should I make a gyno appointment?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:09 pm

Considering this is your first experience, I suspect it is just a little trauma and things will settle down soon. Try to be sure you have lubrication to avoid tissue trauma and if you are sore, give yourself some time to heal. This is nothing to be alarmed about and you should not need to run to the doctor unless there are other symptoms or prolonged bleeding that is not a period.

volleyball13 - Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:39 pm

thank you so much!

|