Question: scar tissue complication with C-Section

ffonrose - Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:01 am

My wife recently had a third C-section with our third child, and I am a bit concern with the procedure. I noticed the MD ask for some thread to suture something before the baby was taking out. There was a lot of facial expression from the MD and the crew as if something unusual was happening. Is it normal practice to have to suture anything because of scar tissue? To tell you the truth the facial expression of the MD "shaking her head as to say no! no! no! and the crew "leaving thier normal position to star at the MD as she suture whatever it was" and the suturing both worry me. Can anyone help me with this issue?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:54 pm

Of course I can't tell you what the doctor was seeing or thinking but as for scar tissue and suturing issues, sometimes they are able to remove some excess scar tissue and suture the healthy muscle together in a cleaner repair. I don't think it is anything to be alarmed about but don't be afraid to ask the doctor to explain what you saw and heard. Sometimes medical jargon can really puzzle non-medical people. Old incisions and adhesions can sometimes be a bit overgrown and during a surgical procedure they are able to correct these things. If your wife has a follow up appointment, go with her and discuss your questions.

|