News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: scar tissue complication with C-Section

ffonrose - Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:01 am

My wife recently had a third C-section with our third child, and I am a bit concern with the procedure. I noticed the MD ask for some thread to suture something before the baby was taking out. There was a lot of facial expression from the MD and the crew as if something unusual was happening. Is it normal practice to have to suture anything because of scar tissue? To tell you the truth the facial expression of the MD "shaking her head as to say no! no! no! and the crew "leaving thier normal position to star at the MD as she suture whatever it was" and the suturing both worry me. Can anyone help me with this issue?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:54 pm

User avatar Hello,
Of course I can't tell you what the doctor was seeing or thinking but as for scar tissue and suturing issues, sometimes they are able to remove some excess scar tissue and suture the healthy muscle together in a cleaner repair. I don't think it is anything to be alarmed about but don't be afraid to ask the doctor to explain what you saw and heard. Sometimes medical jargon can really puzzle non-medical people. Old incisions and adhesions can sometimes be a bit overgrown and during a surgical procedure they are able to correct these things. If your wife has a follow up appointment, go with her and discuss your questions.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here