Question: mass in wall of uterus

01SUNNY02 - Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:35 am

I have been diagnosed with a mass in the wall of my uterus (fluid is also present). They did a sonahystrogram but was unable to get into the uterus, seems to be sealed closed. My doctor wants to do a D&C but my concern is if the mass is maglinant, might the cancer cells get into other parts of my body during a D&C. Would a hysterectomy be a better way to go. I, of course will discuss this with my doctor but I normally see my family doctor not a gynocologist as I am seeing now for this problem. I am 64 years old, well past menopuase.

01 Sunny 02
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:44 pm

Removing the mass, even if it is malignant, would not cause it to spread so don't worry about that. Hysterectomy is a radical surgery which might be overkill here. I would not rush into that for sure. If the mass is removed it will be biopsied to be certain what type it is and if more extensive treatment is necessary they will be able to determine that then.

|