Question: could i be.....

demetra - Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:43 pm

ok, so i am usually 28 to 29 days in a cycle, i got it in jan on the 27th and today is march 2 and i still have not gotten my period...i have been having headaches, cramps on and off, hungry neasated, i have had one child already, the guy i am sleeping with withdrawls everytime, i took a test today and it came up negative, with my first one i was 10 days late and it still came up negative. what should i do?? could i be pregnant
 Rhonda P, CEP - Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:58 am

Well, by now you probably know your answer but I will post my comment for future reference for you and others who may read this reply.

During the pre-ejaculation stage there will be seminal fluid seeping from the tip of the penis and that fluid may contain sperm in it. There are normally hundreds of millions of sperms in the semen during ejaculation, some of this comes out prior to ejaculation. Basically, you are never “safe” from those little guys without some type of protection.

Any time there is vaginal penetration without protection or contraceptives the chances of pregnancy is present.

Home Pregnancy tests, how do they work?
Home pregnancy urine tests measure hormone called human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) which is secreted by the fertilized egg when it implants into the lining of the uterus and starts forming its placenta. The hormone hCG will start getting into your bloodstream in about 1 week after fertilization and will double about every two days. The sensitivity levels will very depending upon the maker of the pregnancy test so the best time to test is about 1 week past the day the menstruation was expected. I know it’s hard to wait but the only 100% positive answer to the question “Am I pregnant” is time.

If you keep getting negative urine tests and still haven't started your cycle, go see your Physician and get checked right away. If your test comes up positive, go see your Physician or Midwife right away than too

|