News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: copper t iud

princess58 - Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:58 am

I had an iud inserted on tuesday ,I was so shocked and overwhelmed with the whole ordeal that when my ob-gyn asked if I had any ?'s my mind had gone blank. I wasn't really prepared for the situation but that was totally my fault. I originally wanted the depo but my ob-gyn said that they had stopped using it because it causes bone loss in young woman !? Any way as I was saying I am still pretty scared and I'm not sure when I can start having intercourse with my partner again !? I have very little spotting now and no pain at all.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:38 pm

User avatar Hello,
You can have intercourse whenever you want and are comfortable with it. There is no waiting period and it is effective immediately if it's inserted within seven days after the start of your period. Otherwise, you'll need to use a backup form of contraception (such as condoms) for the first seven days after you get your IUD.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here