Question: Negative Pregnancy Test but Pelvic Pain & Nipple discharge

BellL - Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:21 am

OK, I am 38 years old and have been having ongoing pelvic pain for the past three months. I have taken five HPT's over that period of time and all have come back negative. I am still getting my period but have all the other symptoms of pregnancy. I have very sore enlarging breasts with clear nipple discharge, pelvic pain, distended stomach, fatigue and a feeling of fullness with frequent trips to the bathroom.
Please help me in trying to figure out what is going on....
Thank you in advance
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:26 pm

Your symptoms could be the result of an endocrine problem - glands such as the pituitary and thyroid as well as the ovaries. These organs supply hormones that regulate the body systems and so symptoms can remind you of pregnancy where hormones are also changing. You should see your doctor about your symptoms.

popy - Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:04 am

my urine result of pregnency is negetive(3 times) but my blood result of pregnency is positive.why?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:51 am

Sometimes the urine test is not sensitive enough to pick up the hCG levels which can vary with the individual. The blood test is just more sensitive so early on it can give an accurate result. It can determine the actual concentration of hCG hormone.

Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy. Be sure to take a daily vitamin containing at least 400 mcg folic acid. This is most helpful when on board before conception occurs but it is important throughout your pregnancy.

|