News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Perineum Tear after vaginal penetration

Claire-Bear - Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:48 am

Ive recently been noticing my perineum seems to be getting torn a tiny bit after vaginal penetration. This causes it to bleed, burn when i urinate and if penetration occurs while the tear is still there the pain is horrible. Is there some way i can prevent this tear from occurring? and if not, What can i do to make the pain go away once i have got the tear/cut??

Additional information:
My boyfriend has a large girth penis which may have something to do with it.
Lubrication is not an issue.
Creams have been tried, but maybe im not using the correct kind.

Please help me asap, I am to shy to physically go and see a GYN :(

Thank you so much in advance!!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:16 pm

User avatar Hello,
First of all it is important for you to let the tear heal without sexual activity until you are completely well. Then you should take it very slow and easy to be sure you are sufficiently aroused and lubricated before any attempt at penetration. Perineal tears are usually improved with frequent sitz baths (warm, shallow baths), no soap or bubbles and using a medicated pad such as Tucks which is saturated with witch hazel or aloe vera. There are topical anesthetic ointments which may also help.

Be alert to signs of infection as the tear heals in case antibiotics are needed. You did not mention what cream you are using or for what purpose.

If you continue to tear in spite of these alterations, you should seek the advice of a gynecologist. Every sexually active woman should be seeing her doctor regularly (at least once a year).

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here