Question: Perineum Tear after vaginal penetration

Claire-Bear - Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:48 am

Ive recently been noticing my perineum seems to be getting torn a tiny bit after vaginal penetration. This causes it to bleed, burn when i urinate and if penetration occurs while the tear is still there the pain is horrible. Is there some way i can prevent this tear from occurring? and if not, What can i do to make the pain go away once i have got the tear/cut??

Additional information:
My boyfriend has a large girth penis which may have something to do with it.
Lubrication is not an issue.
Creams have been tried, but maybe im not using the correct kind.

Please help me asap, I am to shy to physically go and see a GYN :(

Thank you so much in advance!!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:16 pm

First of all it is important for you to let the tear heal without sexual activity until you are completely well. Then you should take it very slow and easy to be sure you are sufficiently aroused and lubricated before any attempt at penetration. Perineal tears are usually improved with frequent sitz baths (warm, shallow baths), no soap or bubbles and using a medicated pad such as Tucks which is saturated with witch hazel or aloe vera. There are topical anesthetic ointments which may also help.

Be alert to signs of infection as the tear heals in case antibiotics are needed. You did not mention what cream you are using or for what purpose.

If you continue to tear in spite of these alterations, you should seek the advice of a gynecologist. Every sexually active woman should be seeing her doctor regularly (at least once a year).

|