News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Breast Tenderness AFTER my period

miss real - Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:48 pm

I am 35 years old, had a tubal almost 12 years ago, just had my period last week and I am have breast tenderness. They hurt for anything to touch them. I was wondering if the epidural steroid injections that I have recently been receiving would have anything to do with the sore breasts. I have has some weight gain and bloating at night which I expected from the injections, but I can't find anything saying sore breast is a side effect from this injection. Is it possible that the steroids are causing this or should I be worried about eptopic pregnancy or what else could be going on??? I am lost!!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:26 am

User avatar Hello,
Since you had a tubal (ligation I assume) 12 years ago, I doubt pregnancy is an issue. When pregnancy does rarely occur following sterilization, it is usually within the first year or two. The longer the time is after, the less likely it is that you had a failed tubal.

It is impossible to say every side effect of the steroids - each person is unique in this and it could be that you are having an unusual reaction. It could be just hormonal fluctuation and the bloating could be even from something else, like bowel trouble of some sort - or it could be a side effect. It would be anyone's guess. If the soreness continues you should talk to your doctor about it but sometimes it just happens and is not problematic except that it is uncomfortable.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here