News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: low progesteron

hdesai - Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:35 pm

Hi, I am currently 5 weeks pregnant after a recent miscarriage. My hcg quant tests more than doubled after two days(1,000 to 3000), but question is that my progesterone was low. It was 11.8 and the doctor said it should have been 15 so now i am on progesterone. I am having low back pains and had very minimal red spotting only once today and once two days ago. Is this normal? Because of my miscarriage history, I am very nervous, anxious and paranoid. My hcg count is a lot higher this time then last. Should I be worried? HELP!
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:24 am

User avatar Hi hdesai,
Progesterone production normally increases during pregnany and prevents the shedding of the lining of the uterus. Since you are experiencing low back pain and bright red spotting, Call your doctor!
Sincerely,
Rntdj
 jterry - Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:22 pm

I was curious, I am 4 weeks and I had a similar thing happen. My HCG levels pretty much tripled, but my progesterone was at 12, my dr. wants it at 25, so he gave me a vaginal suppository: Crione. I wanted to see if you have gone for a check-up recently to see if your progesterone levels were up or what you were taking to elevate your progesterone? DId they tell you to be worried b/c of low progesterone?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here