Question: Nipples and fertility

Fruitfulvine - Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:14 pm

Is it harmful if my husband sucks or fondldes my nipple while making love if am
trying to concieve, a friend told me if your nipples are hard, it contrasts the
womb, is is it true?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:16 pm

In efforts to conceive, this is not a problem. In later pregnancy there is a slight chance it could trigger contractions but this is not all that common. If it happened always, women would be starting their own labor that way. Don't worry about it now since even some contracting of the uterus would not interfere with the process of fertilization which usually occurs in the fallopian tubes. Then the fertilized egg implants into the lining of the uterus but I know of no contraindication for this during any of the process.

|