News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: I am on the Nuvaring and missed my period

concerned28 - Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:04 pm

I am a 28yr old and have been on BC since I was 16. I was taking the pill and switched to the Nuvaring because it was easier about 3 years ago. I have never in my life missed a period. They come like clockwork on my week off. I stop on a Monday and by Wednesday lunch time I have my period. Well this month my period never came. I have taken 2 HPT and both came back negative. I had a blood test done and negative as well. The last time I had intercourse was 3 weeks ago. Is there a possibility I could be pregnant and it's not showing up yet? The reason I ask is I'm supposed to start my BC again today and don't know what to do. If I am not pregnant what would suddenly cause a missed period. I have changed nothing in my life eg. diet,exercise,stress levels etc. I need help........
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:55 pm

User avatar Hello,
I suspect this is just the result of changing hormonal birth control methods. Since your tests have consistently been negative, you should just continue the contraception as prescribed. It is very unlikely you would be pregnant.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here