News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: painfull periods after ectopic pregnancy

123clare - Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:24 pm

HI

I had ectopic pregnancy May08 which resulted in my right tube being removed.
My periods have returned to their normal cycle but i have terrible pains in my right side on the first 2 days of my period, this pain then spreads underneath my stomach on day 3. I never had period pain before my ectopic and i was wondering if this is normal and why?

i am a healthy 24 year old with no other important medical history.

Please help, thank you
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:56 pm

User avatar Hello,
It would not be considered "normal" for you to have continued pain as a result of the ectopic pregnancy, but of course you may have developed some adhesions or some other condition, perhaps even unrelated. You should consult with a doctor about your symptoms to determine if you have developed some other problem. Help may be possible if you can get the correct diagnosis.

It is not uncommon for women to notice a change in their periods following childbirth and we don't know why this happens. It is less common following miscarriage but it makes sense it could happen then as well, especially since hormone and physical changes occur.

I hope you can find the answers through your physician because each person is unique and your history and physical exam must be evaluated to determine the cause of your pain.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here