Question: Pain and bleeding one year post hysterectomy

DevonMcElhinney - Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:36 pm

I am a 25 year old female and I had a TAH in January of this year due to cervical cancer. I had a slow recovery with complications due to adhesions that were corrected. For the past several months, I have been experiencing a lot of pain, more than I would expect is normal. The pain is nearly constant, at times very minor and at other times severe enough to have me in bed for the day and sometimes makes it impossible to even perform normal daily tasks.
I have recently noticed spotting of pink blood, not only after sexual activity. I have read different internet "suggestions" about what this might mean and I'm expecting to see a doctor as well but I'm wondering if you have any suggestions or opinions of what may be causing this pain and bleeding? I have had ultrasounds and tests performed to see where the pain is coming from with no success and I was starting to think I could just "deal" with it for the rest of my life, but the bleeding is new and has me concerned.
Any help you have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:44 am

It is possible for you to have developed more adhesions. These often recur after being removed. Spotting can be a normal response to hormonal fluctuation or the result of infection, thyroid dysfunction, stress, vaginal dryness, trauma, etc. It may stop on its own without intervention but it's good to discuss it with your doctor when you get a chance.

It is most likely nothing to be alarmed about.

|